Monday 28 September 2009

Institutional Research

I am currently researching Regal Recordings who later joined together with Parlophone. It is the record label that Lily Allen is currently signed to, this company will help to produce my video.
It will have links to other artists in the similar genre that will maybe help to produce and distribute my video.

I will distribute and advertise my video and artist in magazines, in forms of adverts. To do this I will contact magazine publishers and distributers such as MusicMags. I will advertise my music in magazines such as inTune. I will also advertise a CD cover to my video and will aim to target all of my audience.

Lily Allen - Smile. This was Lily Allen's first mainstream video, Smile, it was made from quite low production values. The audience can instantly tell the maine narrative from the opening scene. She is sitting on the bed, eating chocolate, so the idea of a 'breakup' immediately springs to mind. The video then starts to flashback of the old times she had with her 'ex'. The lyrics also add to the narrative of the video. I will be showing this video in my focus group to get further analysis of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment