Thursday 10 September 2009

My Initial Brief

Brief: Music Promotion
Main Product: Promo Video

Ancillary Product 1: DVD Package Cover
Ancillary Product 2: Magazine Advert

Genre of Main Product: Underground/Funky House/Pop
Target Audience: Demographic - Young Adults, 15 - 25, mostly female targeted. Psychographic - sociable, like the club scene. Into fashion and music. Lead an urban lifestyle.

Similar Media Products: - UK Artists Videos, attracting a young target audience. Low production Values.
Justification for choice of Brief: My video will be edited on imovie on the Apple Macs, the magazine ad will be edited using Photoshop. These programmes will enable me to make the most of the task.
Representational Issues: I think my Music promotion will include stereotypical characters of gender, the main 'Artist' will be a female. This female will be about 17/18 years old. This will engage my target audience with the video, and will enable them to relate to the 'starring female' because of her presentation and the lyrics of the song.
Narrative: I have chosen to follow a linear narrative, which may contain certain flashbacks of the protagonists life involving other friends and an ex boyfriend. The song lyrics help carry the narrative the video.
Creativity: My video will be about an independent young woman, making a decision to leave her partner, in a relationship. Not caring about life or certain consequences.

Challenges Anticipated: The limitations in this production task will include the low production values that I will have to take into account when editing and filming. Also, I will have to check the availability of people that I will film, to make the scheduling of the production process much easier. Lastly, I will have to work very hard when editing my music video to make it the best of my ability.
Digital Technology: Video cameras will be used along with Apple Macs for editing purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment